Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pregnant belly-dancing!

So I think I'm going to start belly-dancing for exercise... I've read articles that it's not only safe for pregnant women to do it, but it also helps train the right muscles for labour. I've started doing the instructional videos I've found on YouTube... here's the first of four videos. I found that my arms and obliques are pretty sore afterwards (but it did not stretch my abdominals too much)... I guess I don't really work them too much regularly!

I'm not doing the yoga anymore until I can get a pregnant yoga DVD. On Babycenter.com, they talk about how some moves are not good for pregnant women to do (ones that stretch the abdominals too much), and I've found that MOST of them are in the DVD I do now! So I'm waiting until I can get a good DVD especially designed for pregnancy.

And BTW - I've found that I'm a LOT less bloated in the morning than I am at night. I think it's the damn caffeine-free diet Pepsi bloating me up with its carbonation. So I'm trying to drink less of it, and switch to water. Stupid water, with its lack of carbonation and flavour.

No comments: